Wednesday, January 2, 2013

THE NEW YEAR

Thinking back on 2012, my kids and I have experienced our share of hardships and trials. This past year has been a huge blessing in disguise.  As a single parent, I have learned so much about what unconditional love is.  Not just from others around me or in my life, but within myself.  Everyday that I practice and put to work the tools and skills I have gained over this past year, I notice the change in myself and the willingness to face my fears with acknowledging the value in it.  Taking healthy risks and understanding that it might not always result in what I would hope for it to be, but to know that I am gaining a sense of security and confidence within myself to take it and accept it, is what I need.

Looking back at everything my family has gone through this past year, I am thankful to my Higher Power who has shown me the importance of the progress that is made and not to dwell on the failures or weaknesses, but to embrace the adversity and look at it as a learning and teaching opportunity.  I am truly thankful for my children and the ability each of them have to overcome trials in their lives and be able to continue to learn the meaning of their own significant value within themselves.

I have learned to understand this is an ongoing process for me as a parent to continue to focus on the value of life and its opportunities to do better and to remind myself that it is about progress and not perfection.  The New Year has given me hope, knowledge, wisdom, love, forgiveness, humility and so much more to not only apply in my own life, but to have the great opportunity to help others to see the value within themselves and hopefully teach it to their children and families as well.

The New Year is definitely looking forward to bigger and better things to come.  And to continue to progress in my journey as a parent to strive to do better each day in my relationship with the greatest blessings I have in my life.  My kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment